A teenager who was injured in a shooting in Lewiston last week is refusing to cooperate with investigators, Lewiston Police said Friday.
Police say they responded to 129 Pierce St. at about 10 p.m. Thursday night for a report of a male suffering a gunshot wound to the leg.
At the scene, officers found the gunshot victim, a 14-year-old male, and began rendering aid. The teen was transported to Central Maine Medical Center where he was treated for the non-life threatening injury.
Police added that the 14-year-old is “refusing to cooperate with investigators.”
“At this point in the investigation there does not appear to be any threat to the public,” Lewiston Police said Friday.
The area of Pierce Street has been the site of multiple shootings in Lewiston over the past year. The building at 129 Pierce St. is a triple-decker apartment complex owned by MJLD Properties, LLC.
A man was left in critical condition after a shooting in the area of Walnut and Pierce Streets in December, and in March of last year, a 14-year-old male was charged in connection to another shooting that occurred on the same street in Lewiston.
Lewiston Police Chief David St. Pierre said at an August press conference that the city had seen roughly 30 shootings since the start of the year, mostly involving the city’s youth.
Chief St. Pierre also said at that press conference that the city would hold monthly meetings with immigrant and refugee groups based in the area , in order to “build trust” between police and the local youth.




0 Comments